Monday, February 1, 2010

Highlights Cover



I received a nice little treat in the mail the other day. It was my illustrator's copies of the February issue of Highlights magazine... with my illustration on the cover.
I try very hard to keep a healthy detachment from my work once it's published, but I have to admit that it is very satisfying to see my work on the cover of such a prominent magazine. Thanks so much Cindy, it looks great.

I've posted two versions of the illustration; the published version, and an alternate version that I created for my portfolio. Enjoy.


Published Version, Digitally Colored Drawing


Alternate Version with Dog , Digitally Colored Drawing



Here I am with my boys at Barnes and Noble.

1 comment:

  1. As an aspiring children's book illustrator this is a very inspiring picture. That's great you're able to support a family with your art and your son is so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete