Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Hidden Pictures: October Issue of High FIve



The October Issue of High Five Magazine is out and I had the good fortune of illustrating the hidden picture page. When you receive a hidden pictures assignment from High Five you get a nursery rhyme to illustrate. When I read the nursery rhyme for this I thought this should be easy and fun. Turns out I was over confident... I received some serious revisions. I've included the original sketch that was rejected. The lesson that I learned is that humility is more than a likable attribute, it's an essential skill. Enjoy.

P.S. Sorry about the ice cream cone... apparently it is very tough to find and I've been getting a lot of complaints. It follows a different visual logic than the rest of the items. Happy hunting.




Slightly different version than the one published... can you see the changes?


Original Sketch Submitted to High Five

No comments:

Post a Comment